If you’re looking for inspiration, sometimes, all it takes is a challenge! There are 3 challenges this month that will help you complete projects, stretch your creating muscles, and play out-of-the-box! Accept a challenge, and you also have the chance to win a $25 Kiwi Lane store credit! Check out the challenges below, and schedule some time to complete one, or all three! Remember to use the respective hashtag that goes with the challenge so that your finished creation counts as an entry.
To play along with this scrapbooking sketch challenge, recreate your own layout using the sketch below. You don’t need the exact designs shown. Simply use this sketch as a springboard for inspiration to create your own version.
And when you post your finished layout, use #aug2022sketchchallenge on your post so that you’re entered for a chance to win!
What is a sketch?
Sketches are the framework of a layout, where the elements are laid out, but they don’t have the papers, photos, or embellishments shown that can sometimes be distracting to a vision of your own needs. Sketches give creators like you ideas without getting lost in trying to recreate the exact finished project. Use your own paper, Designer Templates, and photos to make each layout your own, and feel free to change the layout to suit your needs.
These following samples were created by the cofounders, Debbie, Susan, and Shiloh. See how they used the sketch as a springboard for their own unique layouts.
Remember to use #aug2022sketchchallenge when you post for a chance to win!
All three of these layouts were created using the Tropical paper crafting kit. If you want an additional challenge, or if you want to play on your own, you can grab a kit of your own, while supplies last! Kit includes:
- Twelve 12”x12” sheets of double-sided 80lb patterned paper
- 11 double-sided title cards
- 5 Flamazing Designer Templates
To play along with this challenge, use at least 5 elements from the doodle sheet included in this kit to dress up your scrapbook layout, card, or DIY project. When you post your completed entry, use #aug2022kiwiclub.
Remember to use #aug2022kiwiclub when you post your completed layout.
To play along with this challenge, incorporate an assortment of flowers into your design. When you post your completed entry, use #aug2022playtocreate.
How to Enter?
Are you itching to Play-to-Create these challenges? When you’re finished, you might wonder how to enter. Follow these simple instructions:
- Create a project using any of this month’s challenges as your inspiration. Remember to invite play into your creative process.
- Take a Picture of your project.
- Visit kiwilane.com, and click on “Community”.
- Post a Picture of your finished project in the Kiwi Lane community, kiwilane.com/community/, by the 25th of the month. Post your picture by August 25th to be entered.
- Use the Specific Hashtag for the different challenges in your post description.
- The sketch challenge is #aug2022sketchchallenge
- The doodle challenge is #aug2022kiwiclub
- The flower challenge is #aug2022playtocreate
- Celebrate with us each month as we ALL complete projects from start to finish.
- A Random Winner will be selected from those who participate. We will announce our winners on the first Monday of the following month. Each winner will be contacted and announced in the community.
Create as many different projects as you would like for the different challenges. Each unique project you submit counts as one entry.
All of these challenges can be found in the Ideas to Inspire Digital Idea Book. The Ideas to Inspire pdf is a FREE monthly digital idea book that is full of samples, challenges, tips, and tricks from the CoFounders as they Play-to-Create with their own paper crafting kits. Each CoFounder’s style is different from the others, but their creations are a valuable springboard for your own playtime.
What will you create? Remember to post your finished creation in the community, and support other creators who also took on these challenges. Share your own layouts, and leave a like and comment on other creators’ layouts. We’re all excited to see how you took on these challenges.