How to Make a Flower Using Scallops
DIY Kiwi Project:
How To Make a Flower Using Scallops
I love finding new ways to create DIY projects using my Designer Templates! There really are endless uses for these dynamic tools.
Just recently, I used the Scallops Set to create this simple, yet adorable, hair accessory for my daughter.
All you need to make your own is:
- Felt: whatever colors you would like…you only need a few!
- Scallops Designer Template set
- Other Designer Templates, if you want to include additional layers
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Button for the center (optional)
- Hair band or clip
It is so simple, just follow these steps:
- Trace and Cut out the scallop design from the felt that you’re using.
- After you cut it out, thread some string along the straight edge of the scallop.
- Pull and gather the two ends together until they create a round flower.
- Finish by tying the two ends of the thread together into a knot.
- If you are adding additional layers, simply hot glue them to your circular scallop.
- Adhere this to a headband, or hair clip using hot glue.
It is that simple!
Really it only took a couple of minutes to make, and was way cheaper than buying one. I was able to customize it with the colors I wanted, and my daughter loved it!
And even better? I then took a few adorable pictures and used my Designer Templates in the traditional way to create a layout preserving the memory and my daughter’s excitement at receiving the handmade, heartfelt accessory from her Mommy.
I hope this post inspires you to make your own felt flower!!