The following questions I get asked often.
- How do you organize your scrapbook?
- What albums do you use?
- What is your process for putting your finished layouts into your album?
Let me share with you my personal answers to those questions below and in this video.
What Albums Do You Use?
- First, because I don’t scrapbook in canonical order (I scrapbook more based on mood and interest at the time), but I do prefer to organize and keep my albums in chronological order.) Which is why I personally prefer 3 ring albums over postponed because it is easier to rearrange my albums when needed to fit in the new pages that I finish.
- They fit a lot of layouts. I have found that typically I can fill one album for each year. Some years need two albums.
Here is a free album label printable that works perfectly with these albums.
What is my process for putting away my finished layouts into my album?
- First I start by separating my layouts into piles by years. This often happens at the kitchen table, or on the living room floor.
- I then place them into each album based on years.
This process can take a little longer when I forget to put at least the date on my layout when I created it. So word of advice … try to remember to at least write the year on your layout.
How long has it been since you pulled down your scrapbooks to reminisce?
There is something that happens that is hard to explain. It makes you grateful, relieves stress, and calms your soul.
I challenge all of you to find time tonight, or tomorrow to do this with your loved ones. Life is short and sometimes in the busyness we forget, and just need a reminder of our wonderful life, which is right there in our scrapbooks.