Ever since Susan shared the image below on Facebook of one of the cupcakes Mindy Fullmer brought into the Kiwi Lane office we’ve been getting requests for the recipe so we went straight to Mindy and she was kind enough to share one of her amazing Cupcake recipes with us.
Here it is:
Mindy’s Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 Box Devils Food/Chocolate/or Dark Chocolate instant pudding mix (Small box)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Hot Chocolate Mix (I used peppermint hot chocolate mix, the kind with the little candy cane pieces in it but regular is really yummy too!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the cake mix and dry pudding mix with eggs, vanilla, milk, oil & sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Put cupcake papers in two muffin tins to make 24. Fill papers 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-14 min.
- Let cool.
- I use a KITCHENAID MIXER: PUT METAL MIXING BOWL AND WHISK IN THE FREEZER FOR 5-10 MINUTES TO GET THEM REALLY COLD.
- Whip the whipping cream for 3-4 min. on Med/High Speed.
- Then add the hot chocolate mix and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.