Create Your Own Christmas Gifts and Decor
Create your own Holiday Gifts and Decor
This simple, yet adorable creation will bring the sparkle and joy of the season into your home and creates the perfect gift for a coworker, family, or friend that is hard to shop for. It is personal and meaningful!
You can style your own in a variety of different ways! We will walk you through how to create gorgeous pieces of holiday decor in this quick video below using the following two products as your foundation!
Print out the printable, collect your supplies, and follow the steps below to create your own shimmering Nativity decor.
The star in Nativity is a shape that might not fit every phrase, so here is an adorable printable to use with it, or any template. Includes the following sayings:
- Glory to the Newborn King
- Oh Holy Night
- Come Let Us Adore Him
- For unto us a child is born
- All is calm All is bright
- Peace be with you
- Oh Night Divine when Christ was Born
- Star of Wonder Star of Night
To download this Free printable, please Login or Create a Free Account.
All you need is:
- Silver glitter paper
- Nativity Accessory Set
- 7″ Wood Circle
- Free Printable
- Vellum paper (this sample used Silver Star vellum from Hobby Lobby)
4 Easy Steps!
Follow these steps and read on below for helpful tips to make your decor shine!
- Paint your wood circle or cover in paper!
- Cut out your Nativity from the paper and style of your choosing!
- Adhere your design to your wood circle, and add any extra edging details if you would like.
- Wrap it up for a gift or display it on a small easel or tiered tray in your home to enjoy!
How to add vellum to wood projects:
- I tried glue dots, but you could see them through the vellum.
- I tried liquid glue, and it would warp the vellum.
- I tried spray adhesive, and it seemed to leave bubbles
I ended up settling on a specific spray adhesive called Pixie Spray. Even though it says “repositionable adhesive for stencils,” it was solid and perfect for sticking vellum to the wood.
- Trace the circle onto your vellum to cut out a round circle to place on top of your 7″ circle.
- Cut out the vellum circle.
- Spray Pixie Spray onto the wood circle.
- Lay your vellum circle on top and lightly smooth out the edges.
If you want to paint your circle before you add the vellum layer, you can. For this project, the natural wood worked perfectly for the vellum stars to stand out.