We all have birthdays! Everyone loves a birthday card, especially one handmade! The Happy Birthday Double Kwik Card Kit that Mindy decided to use to make her cards is bursting with bright colors and bold patterns that will bring smiles to anyone with a birthday–and that’s everyone!
It’s a breeze to make a card with the double kwik card kits, and you’ll have a card ready every time a birthday rolls around. Make a card as each one comes up, or make all of them all at once so all you have to do is sign and send. Send all the birthday wishes!
Another fun thing about the Double Kwick Card kits are the sentiments provided! It’s always fun to find templates to frame such fun sentiment cards.
Now that you know about the foundation of these birthday cards, let’s talk about the templates. Kiwi Lane has an array of versatile templates you can use to design cards and layouts (and other fun projects!) for birthday events. Mindy decided to call upon Tiny Celebrate, Cheerful, as well as Party!
The Party Accessory was first released as part of the August 2018 Kiwi Club Kit and then retired. But after taking a second look, we pulled the August 2018 Kiwi Club Kit out of the vault and put it up for pre-sale. So, if you don’t have your hands on the Party Accessory kit (or the accompanying paper), you can go get it right now before it’s out!
Mindy briefly states that if you struggle with intricate cutting, cut around the outline first so that it’s detached and then start trimming. This way you have more control over the cutting. Mindy also adds that “On cards I think pop up pieces are really fun!”
Her final recommendation for cards is to add Ink. Ink gives a finished look and brings definition to the edges. Though, in the end, ink is always a personal choice/ preference.
Answer Us This
Mindy also talks about the questions she asked Susan during the Kiwi Lane Founders Q&A. Want to see the questions Mindy asked? Take a look and feel free to answer her questions in the comment section below!
- Have you ever been tempted to go back to a very early layout and redo it based on your current style or experience or using new designer templates?
- If you could only eat one treat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only wear one color, clothes and accessories for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only listen to one song over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you ever want to just chuck it all and move to a private island?
- Do you ever get sick of scrapbooking since you do it so often?